Are you one of those people who wake up every day with the unfortunate realization that your skin hasn’t healed and restored overnight the way it should. Bags under your eyes, sagging skin, wrinkles, acne…
These are all signs of LACK OF PROPER RESTFUL SLEEP.
According to sleep research, “sleep may be the closest thing there is to a fountain of youth. Your body repairs itself and recovers while you snooze, and that leads to a long list of benefits for your looks. The key is to get enough sleep — 7 to 9 quality sleep each night.”
Notice they said “quality” hours of sleep. Even the people who are getting the recommended number of hours of sleep aren’t getting the quality of sleep their skin and hair need to rejuvenate overnight.
THE EFFECTS OF MISSING SLEEP
The point is when you miss out on sleep (whether it’s too short or too restless), your whole body suffers.
- Lower IQ
- Weak libido
- Tired, sagging skin
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Thinning hair
- Greater risk of acne
- Low energy
- Weight gain
- Irrational decision making
- Prone to accidents
Again, these are just a few symptoms. Your whole body suffers when you sleep bad — your beauty is just the tip of the iceberg. And getting good sleep can have major effects.
HOW TO SLEEP BETTER
- Switch off your phones, television and all gadgets at least an hour before you sleep. The blue light emitted by these gadgets have shown to disrupt sleep.
- Get into the habit of doing a few minutes of focused breathing or Pranayama before bedtime.
- If you want to take it a notch further, do a few minutes of meditation.
- Slather on the Lavender Body Butter after you bathe , just before bedtime . LAVENDER is known to calm and soothe and bring about restful sleep.
- Soak your feet in our magnesium rich foot soak for 15-20 min before bedtime.
Why magnesium foot soak you ask ?
Magnesium naturally activates neurotransmitters in your brain that reduce stress and relax muscles. Your body transitions into a deep state of calm and you fall asleep faster and stay asleep.
- It optimizes sleep cycles by controlling the release of melatonin before and during sleep.
- Magnesium even helps suppress hormone and mood disorders like stress and sadness that inhibit quality sleep.
Its an effective way to give your body a natural supply of magnesium each day. Not getting enough magnesium has a disruptive and negative effect on your ability sleep. Your skin actually absorbs the magnesium better than your gut. A growing body of research shows that magnesium applied to the skin works better than oral supplements.
We'd love to hear from you if you've found other ways to get Restful sleep. So we can share it on and help the many others who find it difficult.