Our face contains over fifty different muscles and a lot of these facial muscles are rarely used. By doing regular facial exercises, you promote the circulation of blood to the different areas of the face, thus replenishing the oxygen supply in the muscles and the skin. This will result in a bright complexion and beautiful healthy glow.
Doing these exercises regularly will keep your face looking healthy and young in the long term. Furthermore, regular facial muscles exercises improve the blood flow , supplying your skin cells with nutrients leading to a stimulation of skin cell regeneration and prevention or delay of wrinkles.
Benefits of facial exercises
- Strengthens the muscles in your face.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Releases any tension in the face and neck.
- Firms and tightens the facial skin.
Simple Face Tightening Exercises
- To Plump cheeks - smile as widely as you can. Press your fingertips into the folds created on smiling between your nose and your lips and push the muscles up.
- Tighten forehead skin - First frown as hard as your can so your eyebrows come close to your eyes, then lift them up, opening your eyes as wide as possible. Do this a few times.
- Tighten a sagging neck - Press the tip of your tongue to the top of your mouth. Tilt your head and look to the ceiling. Now smile and swallow. Do this a few times.
- For the muscles around the mouth - Tilt your head back, pucker your lips and hold it for 10 seconds. Do this a few times.