Have you heard the saying "beauty is an inside job" ?
and, while I totally agree with it, a little outside help is always welcome, especially if its natural and wholistic.
Yoga is a healing practice in many ways, which offers some serious beauty benefits. Almost any practice you do will benefit your skin, but there are certain poses that are more beneficial than others. The following asanas are especially powerful in terms of detoxifying, increasing circulation, and reducing stress.
We’ve known forever how wonderful yoga is for holistic health. Part of being healthy is not only your physical health, but also your mental health. Yoga does wonders for this as it helps you connect with your inner self on a spiritual level. While you get to experience these benefits with yoga, you also get to improve other areas of your health. This includes your hair and skin. Not only is having glowing skin and long, strong, lustrous hair signs of good health, it is a real confidence boost too.
Yoga for Glowing Skin
There are certain yoga positions which boost circulation and strengthen and tone skin across the body. Basically, these positions help to improve the skin as they provide the cells with the required nutrients, while also flushing out toxins.
The best thing about yoga is that it is simple, natural, and essentially free if you are prepared to do it in your own home.
Yoga can be beneficial for a range of common skin problems that are caused by an unhealthy lifestyle. Smoking, consuming too much alcohol, and bad food habits can cause premature wrinkles.
Some of these yoga positions which can treat these skin problems include:
adho mukha svanasana,
These asanas improve blood circulation to the facial areas and increase oxygenation, helping the skin to clean up and glow.
Certain Pranayama techniques can help to create a cooling effect . For example, sheetali and sheetkari effectively cool the skin and enable it to retain its glow.
Yoga for Long and Strong Hair
Certain yoga poses help your hair grow and get strong. A lot of this is achieved by encouraging blood flow to the areas of the scalp, as well as helping you to de-stress so that all of your hormonal levels are balanced and in check. Some top yoga poses for hair growth include:
- Uttanasana – This is a standing forward bend pose which creates an abundance of blood flow into the scalp. This helps to reduce stress and anxieties in the mind. The increased blood flow from this pose helps hair growth in a stable and consistent way.
- Ustrasana – Also known as the camel pose, this pose is also about direct blood flow to the scalp.
- Vajrasana – This diamond pose helps to tune in the digestive system which also promotes hair growth. This pose is very simple but highly effective in promoting a healthy hair growth cycle.
- Uttanapadasana – This pose involves raising the feet and improving blood flow to the pelvic are. This targets the reproductive organs which have an indirect affect on hair growth. It can help balance all your hormones out to ensure hair is growing at a steady and stable rate.
- Pranayama and Meditation - Will help reduce stress, cool the body and keep the entire system working smoothly, thereby promoting healthy hair growth.