You spend hours on them, they take you places, most importantly, your nerve endings are in your feet, with as many as 200,000 per sole!
Benefits of Foot Massage -
1. Relaxation and Stress Relief
Lower levels of anxiety and better moods after just ten minutes of foot massage.
2. Better Sleep
Massaging your feet before you go to bed will help you relax and let go of the day’s stresses.
3. Improved Circulation
Thanks to our sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise and restrictive footwear our circulation is often impaired. A foot massage will help improve circulation.
4. Lower Blood Pressure
Research discovered that hypertensive patients receiving reflexology treatments specifically targeted at reflexes to reduce blood pressure enjoyed so much improvement in their symptoms that they were able to reduce dosages of their high blood pressure medications while undergoing the massage therapy!
5. Injury Prevention and Faster Recovery
Massaging the feet can help with joint pain and aid recovery after an injury, as well as reduce muscle soreness.
6. Alleviation of Headaches and Migraines
7. Decreased Feelings of Anxiety
8. Natural Pain Relief
Tired and aching feet can always benefit from a foot rub but did you know that the pain relieving powers of massage don’t end there?
Foot massage can actually kill pain in other areas of the body too – especially when combined with pain relieving essential oils found in our Foot Soak and massage oil like eucalyptus and peppermint.
9. Nail and Skin Health
Regularly using moisturizing natural oils and antimicrobial essential oils on your feet is a fantastic way to ensure healthy, happy skin and nails.
10. Cure for Swelling of the Legs
Swelling of the legs and feet due to fluid retention can often follow on from long periods of sitting or standing. It is also common during pregnancy. Foot massage helps relieve this symptom.
11. PMS Symptom Relief
12. Cure Chronic Sinus
How to Give a Foot Massage
Here is how you can give yourself a therapeutic foot massage for free:
- Sitting comfortably, bend one of your legs and rest your foot on the opposite thigh.
- Gently rub a natural massage oil into your skin and nails, and massage the whole foot including the toes, arch and heel.
- To do a deeper massage, press the knuckles of your hand into your foot and knead it (like it’s a piece of dough)! You can also work the skin and muscles by holding your foot with both hands and pressing your thumbs into the skin.
- Then gently pull the toes back and forth or apart to stretch the muscles underneath.
- Repeat on the other foot.